National Sales Manager (Canada)
Full-time role currently available in Canada. The National Sales Manager will ideally be located in Toronto, but location may be flexible for the right candidate.
To build upon the success and momentum in the Canadian market, Hydralyte is seeking an entrepreneurial, proven sales leader to immediately join its team as the National Sales Manager in Canada. The National Sales Manager will manage major food, drug and mass retailer accounts, lead the Canadian sales team and efforts, and drive the company’s continued market and revenue growth in Canada.
Please submit your application through the form below or send a resume and brief description of why you are interested in this opportunity to email@example.comRole Description
The National Sales Manager will lead all sales efforts in Canada and be responsible for significant revenue growth and market penetration in this important geography. The National Sales Manager will manage major food, drug and mass retailer accounts, and align sales, marketing and operations efforts to deliver benchmark outcomes and growth for the company. The Manager will be responsible for creating and executing the sales strategy, analyzing the category and marketplace, and expertly managing key retailer account relationships, including creating compelling sell-in proposals and offerings and ensuring program success and effective program sell-through with flawless execution by the business. The Manager will develop retail strategies for key accounts and the overall market, deliver accurate sales forecasts and management reports, and lead and develop the sales team, including broker/agents and reps. The role will require a high level of autonomy, creativity, and persistence and impeccable internal and external communication skills during the upcoming period of high-growth and transition for the company.
- Manage all key retail accounts and relationships in Canada, including developing annual sales forecasts, developing compelling and clear marketing and sell-through plans, assuming responsibility for flawless in-store execution and overall maintenance of program margin requirements, and providing excellent customer service. Create and monitor 12-month rolling business and promotional plans for each key account to drive monthly and annual sales outcomes. Be ultimately responsible for driving the continued growth of the company’s business in Canada.
- Coordinate and communicate internally with the company’s global team on marketing, new product development efforts, manufacturing and logistics issues as an advocate for key accounts and to ensure delivery on sales and profitability objectives in Canada.
- Develop and deliver compelling, creative presentations and proposals to existing and prospective key accounts.
- Leverage weekly sell-through data and other retailer-provided information to maximize the success of in-store programs. Communicate with the company’s internal operational and demand planning team to align on retailer requirements and account objectives.
- Use industry insights, retailer reporting and data, and other market data to negotiate best/most preferred vendor terms and to improve margin requirements, co-op dollar utilization and other actions to increase the company’s profitability in Canada.
- Work with the company’s operations team to ensure adequate stock supply, to reduce stock challenges regarding product dating, and to drive new product development in formats that are suitable for the market and retailer.
- Effectively communicate key sales, forecasting and other strategic information and priorities to the company. Work closely with trade marketing partners within the company to ensure promotional commitments and opportunities at retailers are appropriately planned and leveraged.
- Align sales and retailer priorities with in-field reps to ensure that all HQ planning is executed at a store level and that in-store professionals, such as pharmacists, are educated and passionate brand advocates.
- Develop and coach sales team members within the geography to create a world-class team that is committed to achieving all company objectives. Serve as a valued partner to team members in all functional areas of the company.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in senior sales and account management roles for a blue chip or emerging consumer products company. The candidate will have experience establishing sales strategies, growing revenue and managing coordinated sales efforts at food, drug and mass retailer accounts in Canada. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, engaged sales leader with excellent communication skills and gravitas who can effectively establish customer and industry relationships, sell in new products and programs, and manage accounts and internal processes to support successful execution of a national sales strategy for a rapidly growing consumer products company. The high-growth environment demands a team player who rolls up their sleeves, responds quickly and decisively, is flexible and open to change, and is extremely comfortable operating in fast-paced, ambiguous environments inherent in a successful start-up consumer products company.
Educational, Professional, & Personal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years experience in senior sales and account management roles for consumer products company in the food, drug and mass retailer channel.
- Track record of success leading, driving and executing in a sales role for an entrepreneurial company and/or high-growth division or brand of an established consumer products company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Possesses the gravitas and emotional intelligence to interact effectively with customers, partners and team members.
- Technically savvy with high level of comfort and experience with internal retailer systems, customer relationship management (CRM) software, sales reporting and management software and Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Performance-driven leader with a bottom line focus who takes initiative, demonstrates flexibility when necessary, and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Energetic and collaborative team member able to manage staff, mentor others and work with team to achieve company objectives while promoting accountability and efficiency.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, a high level of integrity, and humility.
MORE ABOUT HYDRALYTE
Hydralyte is a global leader in treating dehydration and has established itself as a category leader in key retailers across North America. Hydralyte is a scientifically-formulated oral rehydration solution for the prevention and relief of dehydration. Hydralyte’s products contain the necessary balance of glucose and electrolytes required for rapid rehydration and have up to 75% less sugar and 4x the electrolytes compared to the leading sports and other hydration drinks in the market. Hydralyte’s products are suitable for all ages and come in a wide variety of flavors and formats including ready-to-drink liquids, powders, and effervescent tablets.
Originally founded in Australia in 2005, Hydralyte dominates the Australian oral hydration market with an 84% share of the market. Hydralyte’s range of proven, great tasting products have launched in North America and the company is strategically poised to dramatically drive sales and growth in the US, Canada and several other geographies. Hydralyte’s products are suitable for patients and consumers of all ages and come in a wide variety of flavors and formats including ready-to-drink liquids, powders, and effervescent tablets. Hydralyte has increasing distribution in North American national and regional pharmacy and grocery chains and other retail channels and a rapidly growing direct-to-consumer business.
Hydralyte’s mission is to help people recover, perform and feel better through effective hydration.
- Education – We educate the world about the symptoms, consequences, and proven solutions to dehydration; We transform the conversation about hydration towards truth and results.
- Solutions – We create and deliver purposeful, appealing products to effectively address dehydration.
- Innovation – We commit to deliver healthier, creative products and ways to meet the ever-changing lifestyles of consumers.
Hydralyte’s Company Values
- Keep it real
- Be a trusted partner
- Strive for respect and balance
- Do more with less
For more information about Hydralyte’s products and company, please visit www.hydralyte.com